Primarily a writing exercise, this dream journal-inspired blog is a quiet introspective sojourn into the process that we traverse in going from private dream to public art. I see our dreaming as an internalized mythmaking. As I philosophize and expressively exhibit dreams, both private and public, I encourage and delight in creative language as a way to practice experiential metaphors through a “public dreaming." Writing Theory: Creative Dream Fiction

Thursday 13 October 2011

Homocidal Love Crash

The Dead Bird by Albert Pinkham Ryder
Beginning in a large, commercial grocery store, I fade away from being in the presence of my wife, led into the presence of a girl I knew in High School who had pursued me. I find myself cheating on my wife with her, even going so far as to introduce this past character to close friends of mine. Again in a grocery store, my wife finds me there, this time alone. Together we exit from the parking lot. She is driving (which is strange because I've never seen her drive a car before) and suddenly she hits the drive pedal full throttle into open traffic. (I feel suddenly that I am in the opening scene in the film "Vanilla Sky" which is oddly enough about dreams...) We fly past a school of oncoming cars as they are about to crash into us sidelong, buzzing through a red-light intersection. We get past the intersection unscathed, however my wife slams on the pedal even more earnestly as we make for an unstoppable trajectory into a forest, halted in a crash by the steaming, totalled car bent and asphyxiated by a thick forest. I wake relieved as she sleeps peacefully beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment