Primarily a writing exercise, this dream journal-inspired blog is a quiet introspective sojourn into the process that we traverse in going from private dream to public art. I see our dreaming as an internalized mythmaking. As I philosophize and expressively exhibit dreams, both private and public, I encourage and delight in creative language as a way to practice experiential metaphors through a “public dreaming." Writing Theory: Creative Dream Fiction

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Bruce Haak and the "Unconscious Taste"

Spectral Analysis of an Mp3 by Havel Baude


Interviewer:

"Now, Bruce I've heard some of your tapes which is the reason why I invited you here today, and what impresses me most about them is that although you are using unfamiliar materials, the organization of them is very apparent and clear. Are you aware of the fact that you are organizing your material very logically?"

Bruce Haak:

"Yes, it is something that you absorb."

Interviewer:

"It's almost a taste for order."

Bruce Haak:

"It's a taste that you have almost unconsciously."


from the documentary film "Haak: The King of Techno"

No comments:

Post a Comment