Primarily a writing exercise, this dream journal-inspired blog is a quiet introspective sojourn into the process that we traverse in going from private dream to public art. I see our dreaming as an internalized mythmaking. As I philosophize and expressively exhibit dreams, both private and public, I encourage and delight in creative language as a way to practice experiential metaphors through a “public dreaming." Writing Theory: Creative Dream Fiction

Saturday 8 October 2011

Frisian Monuments

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog by Caspar David Friedrich


During a daytime nap or after-morning drifting, bird's eye view over an island that resembles England, only without buildings, completely bare with short grass, lines appear where grass doesn't grow, thin trails of dirt from above connect stone monuments, I peer closer to look at the stone monuments, they look like Stonehenge, though the entire setting and atmosphere is pre-historic and not Polynesian because of the low grassland environment

Thurs, May 5, 2011

1 comment:

  1. One of my most vivid dreams had a beautiful woman spirit carrying me in a red lantern to two islands off the coast of South America. My uncle the wood artisan was an honored personage in this place. When I asked why, they said there was no more wood. There were natives praying and crying in a white wooden Catholic community center. They said the islands were called Rapa Nui.

    After I woke up, I discovered that that is the name of Easter Island and further, there are two islands there, and further, the civilization was destroyed by deforestation.

    It is a low-grassland environment.

    ReplyDelete