Primarily a writing exercise, this dream journal-inspired blog is a quiet introspective sojourn into the process that we traverse in going from private dream to public art. I see our dreaming as an internalized mythmaking. As I philosophize and expressively exhibit dreams, both private and public, I encourage and delight in creative language as a way to practice experiential metaphors through a “public dreaming." Writing Theory: Creative Dream Fiction

Monday 9 April 2012

Read Out Your Trespassing Unconscious



The Role of the Dreamer

“…Zulus called M-kulu-kulu, the first spirit. When first spirit had passed over some of his power and some of his responsibilities to the human being, and the human being had a god-like task to perform in creation, and the extent to which he performed it, he derived his meaning, that’s a very important part of Jung’s thinking.”

“…it sometimes takes half a lifetime to get somewhere in one’s psychological development…psychology has also the aspect of pedagogical methods in the widest sense of the word…it is an education, it something like antique philosophy and not what we understand by a technique, it is something that touches upon the whole of man, and which challenges the whole of man…”


“…my fantasies brought home to me the crucial insight that there are things in the psyche which I do not produce, but which produce themselves and have their own life…All my works, all my creative activity, has come from those initial fantasies and dreams…

C.G. Jung, 1961”


The Natural Laws of Analytical Psychology

“The psychological rule says that when an inner situation is not made conscious, it happens outside, as fate.

That is to say, when the individual remains undivided and does not become conscious of his inner contradictions, the world must perforce act out the conflict and be torn into opposite halves.

C.G. Jung, 1959”

“To me the unconscious was then, was a matrix, a sort of basis of consciousness of a creative nature, namely capable of autonomous acts, autonomous intrusions into consciousness.”

“Consciousness is one factor, and there is another factor equally important that  is the unconscious that can interfere with consciousness any time it pleases…I think I am the only monster in my house, but I must admit that there is another, somebody in that house that can play tricks…”

Founding New Community Dreamwork


“We [Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud] were together every day, and analyzed each other’s dreams.

C.G. Jung, 1961”

“You have to think at the beginning of psychoanalysis it took an enormous amount of moral courage to face these facts which so far had not been considered, or repressed.”

“…our totality is not complete unless we take our human failings into it…they are not only part of me but they are part of every human being, that is to say, it is part of man.”

- from PART 2 of "Matter of Heart" documentary
________________

Narrow corridors in a slim, tall building echo in a top floor with the click of doors shutting and opening in unison. A hand calmly waves me in through the corner of an opening. I glide into a classroom setting and sit down simultaneously watching myself begin to read a poem to an otherwise detached oblong room of students. I am nervous for myself, watching my anxious face peer down onto a sheet of paper. Have I done this before? I smirk as I begin. Images lurch forward into my mind with an effortless cinematic sweep, at once interrogative and charming. The reading ends with confident resolve. I am relieved, with a new sensation of unassuming pride. 
_______________

"To give a reading, or discuss reading, you will cultivate your literary ability." (iDream)
_______________

The wine mildew sunk and spilld caressing the unearthd wizardry of yearnin for the lanky blessd panegyric gong that hung to mine; the meccan youth judged to the spike of a bestial frame, calld to throatsing the burnt fungi of a stinking dungeon, smouldering, and challenge the furtive upbringing of a snaky eyed Jew, bloody as the few ethnic spines that learnd of another god, now say slowly:

“The joke,
of a ghoul
bursting at the weasel

- astringent chimes -

wedgd into a prairie
fanned to the thickbodied beggar
playin a screw for a watch

- except from "Jailed Desire"

1 comment:

  1. If you want to improve your influence presentation skills in any situation, you need to discover the power of unconscious communication. Most people focus too much on the 'conscious' aspects of communication and pack in too much information and detail. Almost all successful communication happens at an unconscious level. So if you learn how to make your communication work unconsciously, you have more chance of getting your message across effectively.

    ceralin forte review

    ReplyDelete