Primarily a writing exercise, this dream journal-inspired blog is a quiet introspective sojourn into the process that we traverse in going from private dream to public art. I see our dreaming as an internalized mythmaking. As I philosophize and expressively exhibit dreams, both private and public, I encourage and delight in creative language as a way to practice experiential metaphors through a “public dreaming." Writing Theory: Creative Dream Fiction

Sunday 29 April 2012

Mindscapes Interpenetrate Dream with Reality


Has a instantaneous image from dreaming or creating or imagining ever floated amiably by through your waking lens?
___________
One afternoon, I woke to find a red balloon floating in my windowless bedroom. The door was shut. As to an atmosphere from the imaginal realm, the scarlet balloon lifted, fading from the perception of my open eyes, slowly flooded with the light of the earthly sun. The light of dream had penetrated my waking consciousness. The red dream balloon had crossed into my waking mind.
___________
Balloon
"Blighted hopes and adversity come with this dream. Business of every character will sustain an apparent falling off." (iDream)
___________
“zany paradigms of falsehood croon
beaming
lost in a dream.”

high, driven alive
awry by and by
lively inside my mind,
finding a screen to need
in freed
[ ]

wakefulness, asleep
calling beyond
to meet the naked beauty
afraid, open

- excerpt from "Zany Paradigms of Falsehood"

No comments:

Post a Comment